August 9, 2010

{recipe} Tortizzas

Weekly Test Recipes - Week 25!

When I was growing up, we loved making a quick lunch or snack of mini pizzas using English muffins as a base.  Spread with sauce, favorite toppings, cheese, and microwave or toast until yummy. My fiance said his family did something similar but used hamburger buns instead of English muffins (personally, I think the buns get a little too soggy for my taste). This next recipe is a fabulous idea that my fiance dreamed up as a compromise: personal pizzas made on tortillas!  Yum, flatbread-ish, crispy, goodness.  I call them Tortizzas!

TORTIZZAS
flour tortillas (we like whole wheat or multigrain)
favorite pizza sauce and toppings
shredded pizza cheese
pizza seasonings (i.e. oregano or italian seasoning; salt/pepper; minced onions; paprika; etc. optional)

Spread pizza sauce on tortilla, and layer on toppings.  We like canadian bacon and mushrooms, or hawaiian, or pepperoni mushroom, extra cheese for me!  Cook in 350* oven 8-12 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown.  OR, last time we made them on the grill and they were also great.  Quick, easy, and so good!  Each person can personalize them with whatever toppings they would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment