August 15, 2010

{recipe} Summer Tortellini Salad

Weekly Test Recipes - Week 28!


I came across this recipe via The Sisters Cafe.  They have a neat blog where all the 5 sisters in the family post recipes they've been trying as well as family favorites.  It speaks to me because my five sisters and I have a private blog where we can keep track of each other's lives since we live all over the country.  I love it.  Here is the first recipe I tried from their website.  I have many more bookmarked to test in the future.

SUMMER TORTELLINI SALAD (TheSistersCafe)

1 pkg. (9 oz.) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into half-moons
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped (I use the equivalent of baby carrots instead)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
1/2 c. ranch dressing (I suggest a little less than this)
Parmesan Cheese - to taste

Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water. Place tortellini in a large colander and set aside. Add vegetables to tortellini. Add dressing and top with grated parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 6 servings

This was so good!  It is very refreshing, and I love the hint of cheese that comes with the tortellini.  Definitely a keeper.  Soo easy to make and great for summer!
 
Rating: EXCELLENT

P.S. I suggest you use a large enough saucepan for cooking the tortellini.  I was afraid mine was going to spill or not cook evenly:

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight...it was pretty good!

    I used light ceasar dressing instead of ranch since we don't like ranch. And I couldn't find zucchini so I used cucumber. And I forgot to get green onions so I put on some onion powder.

    Kind of the same recipe!

    ReplyDelete