August 8, 2010

{recipe} Fruited Tuna Salad

Catching up today and tomorrow....So sorry I have fallen TWO months behind with my recipes.  I have been cooking as normal, just not blogging the results.  I have some new favorites that I'll be posting about this week.  Bear with me while I catch up.

Weekly Test Recipes: Week 19 (From May....)

FRUITED TUNA SALAD (Simple&Delicious, May 2010)
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. honey (or corn syrup)
2 cans water-packed tuna, drained
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
1 medium apple, chopped
1/3 c. chopped pecans
1 celery rib, thinly sliced
1/4 c. dried cranberries
1/8 tsp. salt
4 whole pita breads
alfalfa sprouts

In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and honey.  Stir in the tuna, mandarin oranges, apple, pecans, celery, cranberries, and salt.  Serve on pita breads with sprouts.

This was sooooooo yummy!!!!  I was a little apprehensive about how all the different fruits would mesh with the tuna, but it was amazing!  I will definitely be making this in the future.  Rating: EXCELLENT. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of this yumminess for you.  Next time I make it I will add a picture to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment