March 27, 2010

{recipe} Stroganoff-Style Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs

Test Recipes Week 12!

And I'm all caught up!  With this post, I am officially caught up with the recipes I have tested out in 2010.  Woohooooo!!  Here's what I made:


STROGANOFF-STYLE SPAGHETTI 'N' MEATBALLS (Simple&Delicious Jan/Feb '10)
1/2 lb. uncooked spaghetti
3/4 lb. frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. concentrated au jus sauce
1/8 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 c. (8 oz.) sour cream

Cook spaghetti until al dente, then strain.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the meatballs, onion, and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meatballs are browned.  Stir in the soup, milk, au jus sauce, and seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.  Gradually stir in sour cream.  Heat through (do not boil).  Stir spaghetti into skillet.  Serve immediately.  Makes 4 servings.


EXCELLENT!  Of course, I could not make this recipe exactly as written.  That would be unlike me.  I used half regular spaghetti, and half whole-wheat spaghetti.  I also didn't want to buy concentrated au jus sauce (didn't know if I would use it again), so I just splashed a little Worcestershire sauce into the mix.  And instead of Cajun seasoning, I used some seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.  It turned out nummy nummy, and I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment