March 27, 2010

{recipe} Rolo-riffics

Test Recipes Week 8!

I must confess...I've eaten these bars before.  But someone else made them, so technically this was a test recipe for me.  I got this recipe from my sister, who made them for Easter one year.  I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so I liked that these bars aren't all chocolate.  Plus, they have caramel so that makes them even better!  This recipe is rated EE - Easy and EXCELLENT!


ROLO-RIFFICS (Taste of Home, via Maribeth)

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix

1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup butter, melted
36 Rolo candies, halved

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, nuts, and butter. Spread half into a 13x9
baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until set.
Place candies, cut side down, over crust; top with remaining cake mixture.


Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.



** above photo by: Taste of Home**

No comments:

Post a Comment