March 20, 2010

{recipe} Pantry Pasta

Test Recipes Week 5! (I'm catching up here...hopefully in the next few days I'll be all caught up on posting my test recipes to date.)

I found this recipe on the Sing For Your Supper blog.  It's a great resource for recipes and blogging inspiration too!  Check it out if you've never been there.  This recipe challenged me because she didn't have a lot of measurements in her post, but it turned out pretty good!  I'll do my best to guestimate the ingredient portions that I used.  I rated this EXCELLENT and will be keeping it in the rotation.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any mushrooms on hand (I'm a huuuuge fan of mushrooms), so I'm excited to make this recipe again in the future, because it can only get better with mushrooms.

PANTRY PASTA (SingForYourSupper)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 c. frozen peas
1 small can of mushrooms
1 can chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
spaghetti noodles

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan, and saute chicken breast until juices run clear.  I like to drain the oil and juices off right at the end and then cook the breast a little longer until they're slightly browned/crispy on the outside.  Just a side note.  In the same pan, melt butter, then whisk flour in slowly to make a roux.  Slowly whisk in chicken broth and cream.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add mushrooms and peas.  Toss sauce, chicken, and pasta together and enjoy!  It would also be nummy sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment