March 20, 2010

{recipe} Mexican Chicken

Test Recipes Week 6!  (I actually tested two recipes this week, but already posted about one of them.  Read about the Raspberry Crumb Bars HERE.)

My sisters and I have a blog together to keep in touch, as we're spread out all across the country.  We post lots of updates about our lives, but also include things like recipes we've tried out.  At the end of 2009, my oldest sister compiled most of the recipes into a booklet, along with lots of our old family favorites.  It's a really neat thing to have.  She even scanned in some recipes that were handwritten by our mother.  I'm excited to print it off and put it into a binder, where I can add my own favorite recipes over time.  This week's test recipe came from that book.  It's super easy and practically effortless to make.  Gotta love crockpot recipes!  I love coming home from work to an apartment full of the aromas of a ready-to-eat-supper.  Comfort food to the max.

MEXICAN CHICKEN (Pam Kautz)

frozen chicken breasts
salsa
sour cream
tortillas
additional toppings of your choice (i.e. lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes)

Place frozen chicken breasts in crockpot, add salsa, and cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours.  Turn off heat and drain excess juice from crockpot.  (I didn't do this when I made them, and they were VERY drippy and messy to eat.)  Stir to shred chicken.  Add 1/2 c. sour cream and stir.  Serve in tortilla shells with favorite toppings.

I am fortunate enough to be able to go home for lunch, so I threw this all in the crockpot over lunch, and cooked on low while I went back to work.  I love having supper ready for me when I get home from a long day at work.  Super yum and super easy.  I rated this recipe GOOD due to the drippy-ness, but I think it could be moved to EXCELLENT if I tried it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment