September 8, 2010

{recipe} Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli

Weekly Test Recipes - week 34!


The blogger I got this recipe from called it "The Best Broccoli of Your Life" but I thought that was a little long.  It was pretty dang good though.  Even though I roasted it too long and it got a little toasty.  I think it got too roasty because I made a half batch, but still tried to cook it for the full amount of time.  Lesson learned. 

PARMESAN GARLIC ROASTED BROCCOLI (AllThingsHeart&Home)

1 head broccoli
2 garlic cloves, minced through garlic press
1 lemon (or lemon juice)
Olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (1/4 to 1/3 cup)

Cut broccoli into florets and dry thoroughly.  Place dried broccoli on foil-covered baking sheet.  Toss with oil, salt, and pepper.  Add minced garlic cloves and toss to combine.  Roast in 425* oven for 12-15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until some of the florets are browned.  Take out of oven and zest lemon and squeeze lemon juice over the broccoli, as well as a tablespoon or so more olive oil.  Then sprinkle Parmesan on top, stir, and serve.

YUMMMMM!  Even though I burned the broccoli, I still gobbled this up.  I will definitely be making it again.  It made about 2 servings.


Rating: EXCELLENT

No comments:

Post a Comment