April 24, 2010

{recipe failure} Apple Celery Smoothie

Test Recipes Week 16! (continued)

When I made the PW's Chicken Salad this week, I needed a way to use up the leftover celery.  I'm not a huge fan, other than the crunch it adds to salads (chicken salad, tuna ring-noodle salad, etc.)  And I really can't stand it when it's mushy (like in soup...bleh).  A couple weeks ago I bought a new recipe book - 100 Best Smoothies & Juices, and while looking through it I came across a recipe with celery as one of the ingredients.  I decided to test it out:


APPLE & CELERY REVITALIZER (Smoothie Book)

1 sweet apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1 c. chopped celery
1 1/4 c. milk
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt

Place apple, celery, and milk in food processor or blender and blend away until smooth.  Add a pinch of salt and sugar if desired.  Pour into chilled glasses and serve.  Makes 2 servings.

Bleh.  Bleh, bleh, bleh.  My dislike for celery was not cured with this drink - I could not even finish it.  Thank goodness I only made half a recipe.  Maybe I just hoped too much that the milk and apple would sweeten things up and mask the taste of the celery a bit.  Not so, I could barely taste anything other than celery.  I'll just have to eat Ants on a Log to use the rest up.  I will never make this again.  Sorry celery-lovers out there, I rated this BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment