April 24, 2010

{recipe} Broccoli Slaw

Test Recipes week 16!

This week I went wild.  I tested out FOUR different recipes! :)  I don't know what came over me, but I guess it was just indecisiveness when it came to picking the recipes I wanted to test.  So here is the first of FOUR recipes for this test week:


BROCCOLI SLAW (scaled down from Erin'sFoodFiles)

1 crown broccoli, chopped
1/2 c. cherry flavored Craisins (Or any dried cherries you prefer.  These are what were available to me.)
1/4 c. minced red onion
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/8 c. mayonaisse
1/8 c. light sour cream
1/8 c. Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
black pepper

Combine broccoli, Craisins, onion, and almonds in a serving bowl.  In smaller bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.  Pour over broccoli mixture and stir well.  Make the night before so that flavors have a chance to combine.  Although, I could only wait about an hour before digging in ;)

Sooooooooo good and refreshing. I really love the occasional hints of sweetness that come through when you bite into a cherry. And the broccoli and almonds make things nice and crunchy. This is another one you really need to try.  I rated this recipe EXCELLENT, and I'm going to go ahead and actually say it's my favorite recipe that I've tested in all of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment