May 1, 2010

{recipe} Peach & Orange Milkshake

ANNOUNCEMENT: 
A couple months ago I bought a blender.  And since then I have become a smoothie connoisseur. I recently bought a new cookbook: 100 Best Smoothies and Juices because of this fact.  When I buy a cookbook or get a new magazine in the mail, the first thing I do is look through everything and bookmark all the recipes I think I'd like to try.  So I hereby announce that I will be doing a Smoothie of the Week feature each week here on Crafteroonie!  I'm very excited :)  Hopefully I'll be adventurous enough to test some new fruits or interesting combinations.

Unfortunately, the first smoothie I tried from the book was a flop.  Read about it HERE.  This week's smoothie was much more successful:

PEACH & ORANGE MILKSHAKE (Smoothie book)

scant 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. peach yogurt
scant 1/2 c. orange juice
1 c. canned peach slices, drained (or use fresh)
6 ice cubes, crushed

Pour the milk, yogurt, and orange juice into a blender and blend gently until combined.  Add the peach slices and ice cubes, and blend until smooth.  Pour into chilled glasses and serve.  Makes 2 servings.


I think peaches are my favorite fruit.  It's rare to come across a bad one.  When they make an appearance at the grocery stores during those later summer months, they are hard to pass up!  (Watermelon is a close second favorite of mine, but it lost out of first place due to the fact that it's too easy to find a flavorless one.  And those darn seeds!) So this smoothie/milkshake was right up my alley.  It's hard to consider it a milkshake without the ice cream...am I the only one who thinks this way??  This was pretty GOOD.  Nice strooong peach flavor.  Very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment